Monday, May 9, 2011

Summer Bod

After five years of excessive drinking and having every pizza place in town on speed dial, my body has officially taken a beating. I've put on the freshman fifteen twice over. I have never been a very skinny person, but I never considered myself out of shape until now. This weekend, I was playing sand volleyball at my sister's graduation party and was winded after only one game. As a result, I've decided to dedicate this summer to getting back into shape.

My plan consists of the following:
Mondays- Strength Training (AM) Cardio (PM)
Tuesdays- Circuit (jumprope, lunges, pushups, situps, wall sits, planks)Cardio (PM)
Wednesdays- Strength Training (AM) light cardio (PM)
Thursdays- Rest, (golf, walk, or bike ride)
Fridays- Strength Training (AM) Cardio (PM)
Saturdays- Cardio
Sundays- Rest

Aside from the fitness training, I also plan to limit my daily caloric intake to 1750 calories or less. I went to the grocery store yesterday and loaded up on chicken, pork, eggs, fruits, veggies, and nuts. Optimistically, if I can stick to this plan, I should be able to drop anywhere from 30-40 pounds this summer, which would get me back to my weight in high school.

1 comment:

  1. Can I play this work out game to? I have to weigh in every two weeks for a challenge I joined until August.

    ReplyDelete