Wednesday, August 5, 2009

First $20r win of 2009/FTOPS #1

Most of my full poker days begin at 11:00 with the $20 rebuy 6k guaranteed. It is one of the softest fields on the site. I have numerous final tables over the years with few wins. In 2009, I had yet to win... until today. I came out on top for $1800. I can attribute this win to a combination of running well and a weak final table. Unfortunately, the win pretty much breaks me even after a ridiculous cold streak of cards. On top of that, I wasted all my good luck on a small tournament on the night when I was playing the 80k and the FTOPS #1 $1million guaranteed.

I just busted out of the FTOPS tourney after flopping a set on a board of 10 j Q. Of course villain had AK and I couldn't improve. That would have given me a top 40 chip stack, granted there were still 3,000 players left.

Tomorrow I will continue trying to satty into FTOPS events and hopefully gain a little ground with my tilt bankroll

No comments:

Post a Comment